Thursday, November 12, 2009

here i am

This is my cry; this is my prayer
And it comes from a heart that's been broken;
A heart that has been trampled on.
Only You have the healing power to revive it.
Lord, I've seen Your reality throughout all the 18 years of my life.
And I cannot deny what You've done.
There's so much more that's coming

More that will be heartbreaking.
I need strength; only You can provide.
Lord, right now,
I'm surrendering all my unfulfilled wishes and desires;
My shattered dreams; my empty hopes;
My broken heart.

I'm sorry for the times where I have not thought of Your purpose.
Where I have overlooked all the things You've done.
Where I have not trusted You enough to know
That above everything else, You desire the best for me.
Who am I to say that I know it better...
You created me after all...

There's this joy in me that I cannot explain
Despite the pain; despite the hurts;
I can still smile because of Your love.
Your love that's never failed..
Never.

No comments: